Sunday, November 16, 2008

News From Santa Barbara


News From Santa Barbara

For those of you who might not know, we have suffered a catastrophe here in Santa Barbara. The good news is that our school is fine even though the fire started very close by. Sadly, I have lost my home and most of my possessions. I do however have some pictures of my children, my handmade Christmas ornaments, my car, my laptop....and most important my life. The community here is amazing and we will prevail. Many, many families in my school lost everything.

I probably won't be blogging for a while on a regular basis. But we'll be back as soon as we can.

4 comments:

Cathy Jo Nelson said...

I for one will be thinking of you and your family as well as the others who are suffering right now. Please know your posts will be missed, but in their absence I will remember to lift you up in my prayers.

Mary Reilley Clark said...

Janet,

I'm a regular reader of your blog. I used to live in Carpinteria so I know the area well. I was thinking of you over the weekend, and am so sorry to hear about the loss of your home.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Mary

CAS said...

Dear Janet,

There's no way for us to imagine what a rough time this is for you all! I'm so sorry to hear about how much loss you and your students have suffered in these fires. It's good to know that at least you are alive and safe. We'll be keeping you and your whole school community in our thoughts as you get through this disaster.

Claire

Bridget Belardi said...

I, too, am a regular reader of your blog. I am so sorry to hear of your losses. I'm sending prayers and hope in this crazy time. Please keep us updated!